|Knead Dough? If you are pursing a career in the hospitality industry, there are many organizations that are serving up scholarship opportunities for students. |
Learn about National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) scholarship opportunities.
Learn about Greater Kansas City Restaurant Association Association scholarship opportunities.
The Kansas Restaurant & Hospitality Association Educational Foundation (KRHAEF) supports students who are committed to furthering their education and enhancing their careers in the restaurant and foodservice industry by awarding scholarships, KRHAEF has awarded over $75,000 in scholarships to Kansas students since 2003, with some matching dollars awarded by the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation (NRAEF).
Contributors to the KRHA Education Foundation scholarship program include:
- Art Wolf scholarship fund
- Heartland Payment Systems
- LeWayne Premer Memorial Fund
- National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
- Topeka Restaurant & Purveyors Association
- KRHA Hall of Fame Inductees:
- Francis Walters (Wendy's, Emporia) 2004
- Leonard Coble (Olpe's Chicken House) 2005
- Lloyd Lundy (Best Western, Hays) 2005
- Al & Sandra Ward (Taco Casa, Topeka) 2005
- Wayne King (King's-X, Wichita) 2006
- Brad & Karen Streeter (Vista Drive In, Manhattan) 2007
- Gale Premer (Sirloin Stockade, Hutchinson) 2008
- Max Howard (Best Western Townsman Inn) 2009
- Michael Phipps (DoubleTree by Hilton, Wichita) 2010
- Dave Nelson (Colonial Steak House, Oakley) 2011
- Willie Kendrick (Popeye's, Wichita) 2012